Can the financial services industry harness Impact Investing in ways that are both commercially viable and socially transformative?
Join us on Wednesday, May 14th at noon Eastern Time for a special webinar moderated by William Burckart of Impact Economy that reprises a well-received impact investing panel discussion from this year’s Annual Convention. Our panel of industry experts will review key findings from a new special report produced by Impact Economy in conjunction with MMI that examines the motivations, dimensions, issues, and opportunities that investors and firms encounter when creating impact investment programs. Based in part on results from a recent survey of MMI member firms and a series of in-depth interviews with key senior executives, the report seeks to go behind the headlines and hype the sector has recently been generating to illuminate why financial institutions continue to struggle with the different elements of impact investing and lay out a possible path forward.
Topics to be discussed
- The core features of impact investing: what it is and what it is not;
- The mega trends influencing market activity;
- The scope and scale of the impact investing market – beginning at the industry level and working down to the individual deal level;
- Details on the impact investing-related activities of a subset of leading financial institutions;
- The biggest challenges to launching an impact investing program and to market growth; and
- An overview of promising ways for firms to strategically harness their institutional platforms and build a viable pipeline of deals.
Arlen Oransky, Vice President, MMI
William (“Bill”) Burckart, Managing Director, Impact Economy (North America)
Joel Hornstein, Managing Director, DreamFund
Mark D. Sloss, Senior Portfolio Manager, Head of Premier Portfolio Services, UBS Wealth Management Americas